UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Sunday, September 21, 2008

Warriors in the Pros: NFL Week 3

Isaac Sopoaga had 3 tackles and Jeff Ulbrich had one in the 49ers 31-13 win over the Lions. Afterwards, 49ers offensive coordinator Mike Martz asked Sopoaga to do a haka for the team.
Offensive coordinator Mike Martz took the game ball awarded to him after Sunday's 31-13 flattening of his former team and he yelled for defensive tackle Isaac Sopoaga. Martz threw him the ball and Sopoaga went into his New Zealand warrior dance known as the Haka. The locker room exploded in cheers and celebration.
"I don't know the Haka," cornerback Walt Harris said, "but I have a feeling I'm going to have to learn it. This is going to be a week-in-and-week-out thing."

Left tackle Joe Staley said he thinks the Candlestick crowd will get into it eventually with the Haka yells as the team responds with the warrior dance.
Davone Bess had 1 catch for 4 yards, returned a punt for 10 yards, and returned 3 kicks for an average of 15 yards in the Dolphins 38-13 win over the Patriots. Bess' teammate Samson Satele had a good game.
The formation certainly paid off for Miami. But it wasn't the only reason the Dolphins won the game. Center Samson Satele, left guard Justin Smiley and left tackle Jake Long were dominant all game long against New England's 3-4 front.
In a Miami Herald article, Bess talked about modeling his game after Wes Welker.
''They said I had ability in the open zone -- and that I caught the ball well,'' said Bess, who plays the No. 3 role just as Welker did in Miami. ``I was quick with cut routes, too.''

Bess, realizing he is a similar type of slot receiver, has been watching highlights of Welker since his junior year of college. Those studies have only intensified since he joined the NFL.

''I idolize him in a way,'' Bess said. ``Almost every day now, I go into the film room and I'm watching him. I look at his highlights, and I watch how he runs routes and gets open.

``I'm trying to take as much from his game as possible and apply it to my game.''
Travis LaBoy had five solo tackles for the Cardinals in a loss to the Redskins.

Ashley Lelie had one catch for 23 yards as the Raiders lost in the final seconds to the Bills, 24-23.

Pisa Tinoisamoa had a pass break-up against the Seahawks, but the Rams fell to 0-3. Pisa had this to say afterwards.
Linebacker Pisa Tinoisamoa said the Rams need to regain an edge that has slipped away in recent weeks.

"It's tough to know exactly what the problems are," the sixth-year St. Louis veteran said. "Clearly there is an attitude thing going on. There is an attitude adjustment that is needed. Some might call it confidence. I call it attitude. I think the attitude has to be there and right now it isn't."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **