UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Friday, September 19, 2008

Scout Bowl Wrap-Ups

CC compiles Scout Bowl news from KHON, KGMB and KITV. Stories include interviews with Greg McMackin, John Estes, Jake Santos, Shane Austin, Adam Leonard, Keala Watson and Solomon Elimimian.



The Star-Bulletin's Craig T. Kojima has a nice photo of Royce Pollard's diving TD catch in this wrap-up by Jason Kaneshiro.

On third and goal from the 6, Santos looked for Pollard again. The throw was to the outside, forcing Pollard to twist around and make the catch just before hitting the ground.

"It's exciting," Pollard said. "It's a moment everybody looks for, a chance to make a big play."

"The pass really wasn't that great," said Santos, the first pick in Wednesday's draft. "The passes were kind of all over the place today, but it doesn't matter, as long as we got the W."
From Leila Wai's article, QB Shane Austin calls out his coach.
"First of all, I don't know why we're calling a play like that back in our own end zone," said Leonard-Watson quarterback Shane Austin. "That was Adam's only call, so I let him take it, but I don't know, we were trying to throw the ball away if nothing was there, but I wasn't sure. I couldn't see from my angle if he was letting it out. I don't know what happened, so I'm going to stay neutral on that play.

"It was still a questionable call on the option pass on our 2-yard line. I love (Leonard), so it doesn't matter."
Controversy!

And Jason Kaneshiro's Sports Notebook has news about Marcus Malepeai committing to the Warriors, Rocky Savaiigaea's imminent return and Blaze Soares walking without a protective boot but not sure when he'll be back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **