UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Warriors in the Pros / Miller / Kids Club / Choy / Unis

Dave Albee of the Marin Independent Journal profiles new Arizona Cardinal Travis LaBoy.
"Arizona just felt right," said LaBoy, who received inquiries from almost a dozen NFL teams and turned down last-minute requests to meet with the Minnesota Vikings and Tampa Bay Buccaneers. "Their defensive scheme will allow me to use my tools a little more and Arizona is an up-and-coming team."
Melila Purcell was on the Cleveland Browns' practice squad last year, and it looks like he'll have a good shot at making the 53-man roster this year.
The starting front three next season is expected to be Williams, Rogers and Robaire Smith. Shaun Smith will rotate at nose tackle and end. Depth will be provided by 2007 rookies Melila Purcell and Chase Pittman, along with Louis Leonard.

“We feel like there are probably two more spots on the D line to make the 53-man roster,” general manager Phil Savage said. “At this point we’re hopeful that at least two of those three can ascend to at least a backup role. I told Shaun Rogers that I think the main four can have a big influence on the younger three. We feel better about our D line today than we did a week ago.”
Chad Kapanui will be playing quarterback for the Sioux City Bandits of the United Indoor Football League.
"I played running back, safety, linebacker, I was kind of a utility player at Hawaii," said Kapanui. "But I've played quarterback for eight years. It comes natural. I just never had the chance to show what I have.

"I'm hungry. This is my first indoor league. I'm trying to pick up things because play in this league is so quick. I have to perform at a high level."

"Chad's a drop-back guy who reads defenses well," said DeGeorgia. "He's a natural leader."
======

Writer J. David Miller has an article on Warriorshaka.com about traveling to New Orleans, meeting all sorts of people from Hawaii, and suffering a mild heart attack after coming back home. Glad he's okay.

======

The UH Athletics Department has a press release about how kids can become members of the UH Kids Club.

By the way, who has two thumbs and just got a new t-shirt?



This guy!

The article includes details of other member benefits.

======

Kamehameha offensive lineman Kahai Choy will join the Warriors as a walk-on.

======

And finally, Dave Reardon updates yesterday's post with the news that the new UH uniforms will be unveiled tomorrow. The Star Bulletin website is acting weird again, but it should be up again soon.

2 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, March 5, 2008 at 12:35:00 AM HST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wow, you are too awesome for words Mr. Ahi........I luv your blog.

    Thanks so very much for all ya do.

    As usual, it's just me. Your greatest fan.......

     
  • At Thursday, December 11, 2008 at 11:20:00 AM HST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HAWAII IS THE BEST !
    Even though we lost most games and aren't as good as last year [personaly because i think colt brennan wasn't here this year]...we tried our best !
    & I DO BELIVE WE SUCCEEDED ]

     

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **