UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Thursday, December 27, 2007

June Jones' New Orleans Press Conference

The UH Athletics website has a transcript of today's June Jones press conference. It's pretty long and has lots of great quotes. Here's an excerpt:

Was it a strategic plan to let the kids experience New Orleans for the first couple of nights? "It was a plan. We didn't have curfew last night and we won't have it tonight. Pretty much every player has at least one family member with them in town that they are spending time with. I am not as concerned, this is a great group of kids and I am not worried we are going to do anything we would be ashamed of. We have pretty much the whole time here tied up from meetings morning till night. It's okay with me to let them experience something they may never get to experience again."

Express your emotions on bringing a team from where it was when you started to this point (Sugar Bowl)? "To be perfectly honest, I haven't had much time to process the accomplishments and really answer that question completely as it has been pretty much non-stop since the Washington game ended and probably had four hours a sleep a night. From the time I wake up till the time I go to bed I have been preparing. I just haven't had time to sit back and say WOW what a year we've had. I don't feel like we are undefeated, I feel that this is just the next game and we need to win it. My team, my relationship with my guys, I am just proud of the last two years and what we have been able to accomplish. I told this to the local media, you know last year we were 11-3 and over the past two years we have won 22 of our 25 games. And in those three losses we were in position to win all three in the final moments. That's pretty amazing when you think about it. And what it really comes down to is the difference that we have learned from last year on how to win. We have had the ball four times this year and had to have a final drive to win the game. That's the difference in being a good team and a great team."

3 Comments:

  • At Thursday, December 27, 2007 at 10:45:00 PM HST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Humble and confident, trust and compassion, passionate...June Jones and Team, AWESOME UNITY. What a great combo. Amen!

     
  • At Friday, December 28, 2007 at 6:30:00 AM HST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well said wildwahine...I cannot say enough how proud I am of our team, not only because they are undefeated, but also because June Jones is a class act, and the love the players have for each other has been demonstrated over and over again in every game they have played. What an incredible season! I couldn't ask for more from my team. GO WARRIORS!!!!

     
  • At Friday, December 28, 2007 at 11:23:00 AM HST, Blogger Tombo Ahi said…

    i hope he signs a big fat 10 year contract with UH with raises for the assistants and more money for the facilities. can't say enough about what he's done for the program.

     

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **