UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Wednesday, December 26, 2007

June Jones Profile

Here's an in-depth profile of June Jones by Thomas Stinson of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, discussing June's days with the Atlanta Falcons to the present. An excerpt:
"The NFL was one of the best times of my life," said Jones, 1994-96 Falcons head coach and a 12-year NFL coaching veteran. "I'll get another opportunity to go back.

"But this has been a real blessing for me. I have a love for the people of Hawaii, and I'm happy that I was able to come back here and do what I can."

In the Manoa Valley, where even clear days are filled with periodic mistings, one rainbow follows another across the morning sky as Jones comes to work.

This is where his Warriors practice, and it becomes easier to understand why Jones came here in the first place. The volcanic Diamond Head rises to the east, the Pacific Ocean sparkles to the south. Xanadu has a home team.

"We get everything done," Jones said in a recent interview, "and we have fun every day."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **