UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Idaho Previews, Mike Washington

Here's a UH at Idaho preview from The Sports Network.

Here a preview from Andrew Giornalista of the AP.

And here's an article from Nick Jezierny of the Idaho Statesman, profiling Vandals cornerback Stanley Franks, who talks about facing the Warriors offense.
"This right here is a cornerback's dream," said Franks, who was an All-WAC cornerback last season. "With as much as they throw the ball ... it's definitely a cornerback's dream."
Awww yeah, that should be a fun battle to watch out for.

Finally, UH receiver Mike Washington is profiled in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
Hawaii coach June Junes inserted Washington to return a punt in the third quarter, and Washington responded by returning it 80 yards for his first collegiate touchdown. The highlight-reel run was similar to those of Santana Moss and Dante Hall, two diminutive NFL receivers after whom Washington (5-7, 165) said he patterns his game.

"When I got an opportunity, I just had to let coach Jones and everybody else know what's up," said Washington. "I'm like: You've got to look at my highlight tape or something. Everybody back home wants to know what I do down here. I just got the opportunity and I just did what I do."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **