UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Friday, July 06, 2007

Tsai on the Radio / Tsai Blog / Short LP Interview

Stephen Tsai talks to Rivals.com Radio (WMA file). He gives a good interview, talking about Colt, the schedule, etc. Way to go, ST! Rivals.com is ranking UH #21 in their preseason rankings.

Speaking of Stephen Tsai, I've been neglecting his blog. Or at least posting about it. Today he writes about Davone Bess.
Davone Bess will open the season as the Warriors' punt returner, UH coach June Jones has confirmed.

...

There are two walk-ons competing for the punter's job. If neither is impressive, Jones will turn to Bess.

"We probably won't get rushed a lot if Davone is punting," Jones said, noting Bess' elusiveness as a runner and accuracy as a passer. "(Opposing coaches) know I'm half nuts, anyway."
I love it that June is half nuts. Right on.

And yesterday, Tsai gave an update on defensive end Alasi Toilolo.
Defensive end Alasi Toilolo has fully recovered from shoulder surgery in January and will participate in training camp in August.
Toilolo, a 2006 Kapolei High graduate, grayshirted the past academic year while attending UH as a part-time student.
When he originally committed to UH in February 2006, Toilolo was described as the next Melila Purcell III by Jones.
Did I mention that the defense gonna be a monster this year?

======

And I missed this short Leonard Peters interview posted on the Jets site a few days ago. Here's an excerpt:
How did you end up with uniform No. 43? It was a number given to me. I didn’t choose it, but it wouldn’t matter if it was 00. I am just trying to get on the team. All through high school and Pop Warner and college, I had No. 42 just because I had it when I was younger. But it doesn’t matter what number I get

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **