UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Monday, January 15, 2007

Tomorrow and Tomorrow

Colt Brennan is filing for the NFL draft today, but only to give him more time to decide whether to go the NFL or not.
"I need more time and more information," Brennan told The Advertiser last night. He rescheduled the news conference for tomorrow afternoon.

The NFL allows an applicant 72 hours to rescind a decision. UH spokeswoman Lois Manin said Brennan will file the NFL application today as a way to keep open his options.

"It does not mean I've made a decision," Brennan said. "No, that is not it at all. I swear to God that's not it. I need more time."

Brennan said he is seeking undisclosed "information" that will ease his decision. He said the information would not have been available by this morning.

"If the decision calls for me to go to the NFL, I need to be ready," Brennan said. "If I don't send in the paperwork, I missed out on that opportunity. By putting in the paperwork, I'm reserving the right to have one more day to think about it."
Oh man, he really must not be getting any sleep. I hope everything, for his sake, is resolved by tomorrow. Colt also spoke to Dave Reardon, giving some insight into his decision.
"What I'm asking for is I need more time. I'm trying to keep myself eligible (for the draft), but I'm still torn. I'm still just torn down the middle.

"I'm still awaiting some information, some of it personal," Brennan added.

Some of the information he wants is whether Louisville junior quarterback Brian Brohm will declare for the draft. Brohm's presence in or absence from the draft could affect Brennan's status.
Well, this is probably bad news for Warrior fans who want Colt to stay, but Brohm decided to stay at Louisville, he announced today.
Brohm, 6-foot-4, 224 pounds, would have been considered among the top three quarterbacks in this year's draft. His aim now will be to be the top player in the 2008 draft. Brohm has thrown for 6,751 yards and 41 touchdowns in three seasons. Both marks are fourth on the school's career list.
Be well Colt! I hope he gets all the info he needs today and comes to a decision. Don't want him to be all haggard and grizzled at his news conference. One more day...

3 Comments:

  • At Monday, January 15, 2007 at 11:40:00 AM HST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I agree that this isn't too encouraging. But let's hope for the best, for UH and for Colt.

     
  • At Monday, January 15, 2007 at 1:11:00 PM HST, Blogger Tombo Ahi said…

    I'm just resigned to the fact that Colt is probably leaving. But I'm still holding out hope! I wish him the best, no matter what he decides. I bet you if Colt declares, Robert Kekaula will bring out his old joke, "So what, can borrow five dollahs?" Hahaha.

     
  • At Monday, January 15, 2007 at 2:28:00 PM HST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I guess the ultimate irony is that if we ever are lucky enough to have another Colt Brennan, he too will likely leave for the NFL early. Sort of predetermined destiny for those who are so good they ought to be playing in the NFL ahead of everyone else. Kind of like the freshman who skips the JV team and goes right to varsity.

     

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **