UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Reliable Sources

I have a couple of reliable sources who say Colt Brennan will most likely have a press conference today. Whatever he declares, I hope he brings up what he told SI.com's Cory McCartney.
"I think this program has a lot of disadvantages and there's a lot of changes that need to be made, especially with the facilities and how a lot of things are being run," he said. "I think if we keep everybody enthusiastic about next year and we had another big year, it would just do a lot for our program for years to come."

...

"I'm over 200 pounds right now," he said. "I was 190 as a sophomore and for whatever reason they didn't update our program weights this year. My program listed 190, but I'm 200 pounds and I think I could easily get 15 pounds by the combine, maybe even more."
Shine that light Colt! The facilities, coaches offices, soap in the bathrooms, the enthusiam of those who update the rosters, among other things, definitely need some attention / upgrade. Well, the press conference is later today, but already the ever frightful Ferd Lewis sees an omen.
We're not saying that quarterback Colt Brennan is a lock to announce he's leaving the University of Hawai'i early for the National Football League draft today or anything, but ...

Basketball coach Riley Wallace's "retirement" press conference earlier this month was held in the Edwin S.N. Wong Hospitality Suite.

Athletic director Hugh Yoshida's retirement announcement was delivered in the Wong suite.

Baseball coach Les Murakami's retirement announcement came in the Wong suite.

Anybody noticing a pattern here?

And, guess where Brennan's press conference has been rescheduled for this afternoon?

Yup, the place that is coming to be known as UH's departure lounge. Club Bye Bye.
Noooooooo.

Updates later today!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **