UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Friday, December 15, 2006

Don't Go, Reinebold

I don't know how I missed this article from the Advertiser this morning. Stephen Tsai writes that Coach Jeff Reinebold interviewed for the Idaho State head coaching job, but is not a finalist.
"If something was going to happen, it would have had to happen prior to these kids getting back here" to practice for the Dec. 24 Sheraton Hawai'i Bowl, Reinebold said. "Right now my focus, other than recruiting, is to win the bowl game. ... I'm not Mao Tse-tung. He had a five-year plan. I've never done that."

UH coach June Jones said he served as a reference for Reinebold.

"There was some interest," Jones said. "He's been a head coach, and he's done a great job since he's been here. I would hate to lose him. He's very smart, and the players play hard for him, and he teaches them the technique that's needed to win games."
I would really hate to lose him too! I'm glad he'll still be around for now. No stay go, Coach Reinebold!

And in breaking news from today:
University of Hawai'i junior quarterback Colt Brennan was named to the CollegeFootballNews.com All-America second team.

...

Sophomore receiver Davone Bess was an honorable mention selection.
Da Bess is yet to come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **