UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Thursday, December 07, 2006

No Go

Stephen Tsai writes about Colt Brennan not being invited to New York, and what could've been.
"I was telling (teammates) how much I was going to give love and praise and just represent Hawai'i the way it should be represented," Brennan said.

National voting closed yesterday, and the finalists were invited to New York for the Heisman show on Saturday, when the winner will be announced.

"I was going to have fun with it," Brennan said. "If I got invited, it wasn't going to me going up there as a candidate. It was going to be me going up there and having fun and kind of showcasing what this Hawai'i football team is all about.

"I was born and raised in SoCal," added Brennan, a native of Orange County, "but Hawai'i's my home away from home. I love Hawai'i, and I was going to let people know what a great place it is and how great the people are."
He would've represented Hawaii well. The Star-Bulletin compiled staff and wire reports for this article.
"Everything that has been happening this year has raised the bar for next year," Brennan said. "We have a chance to start the season in the national spotlight next season and carry it out throughout the entire season. If we do everything right in the offseason, working out, recruiting, getting in the weight room, we have the potential to be a great football team next year with the experience behind it."
I think for Brennan to get an invite next year, UH needs to schedule and beat some ranked teams, and Brennan needs to pass for like 6000 yards and 60 touchdowns. I mean, if he doesn't get invited this year with his amazing stats, then that's what'll have to happen to overcome the biases.

Dave Reardon writes that Tala Esera has accepted an invitation to the East-West Shrine Game.
Esera's stock rose steadily during Hawaii's 10-3 regular season, in which he helped anchor the nation's statistically best offense. One scout said Esera was graded a potential free agent before the season started, but is now considered a likely third-round draft choice.

"I don't know about that," the 6-4, 308-pound Esera said. "I don't really pay attention to it."

UH offensive line assistant Dennis McKnight does.

"He's the best offensive tackle I've seen on film this year. He should be at the Senior Bowl," McKnight said. "The East-West Shrine Game is a helluva opportunity and he is very deserving."
Congrats to Tala! Dave also writes that former UH football player Vincent Sides passed away in Los Angeles.
"It looks like a heart attack, but they don't know for sure," said UH outside linebackers coach George Lumpkin, who recruited and coached Sides. "He was doing well, a great guy. I guess God takes good ones, too."
R.I.P.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **