UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Bleep

Nasty (Nasti) Nate passed over my question during his live chat on Stephen Tsai's blog today. Maybe he didn't see it. I'd like to think that. Not that he thought it was a stupid question... Nonetheless, it was another good Q&A set up by Mr. Tsai. Give it up to Nate for taking the time to answer the fans' questions. And also give it up to Davone Bess for answering my question! I submitted a question for him in an earlier post, and Stephen posted the answer on today's post:
Reader “Tombo” poses a question to slotback Davone Bess.

Tombo: “It looked like there was some good-natured trash talking between you and the Nevada DBs in the early going, but then it turned a little less good-natured toward the end. I guess because you kept catching the ball? In any case, what’s some of the best trash talk you’ve heard from or given to an opposing player?”

Davone Bess: “I remember one specific play (against Nevada). I caught the ball, and I was surrounded by five Nevada guys. (After the tackle), a guy was like, ‘Oh, (bleep), you (bleep). You’re a (bleep). You’re a (bleeping bleep).’ I try to be the bigger man. It seems every time I talk trash on the field, it kind of veers me off my game, and coach (June) Jones gets mad at me. It’s hard not to (talk trash), being from Oakland, but I’ve got to suck it up sometimes.”
Davone sounds like a robot with all those bleeps. I knew he was part cyborg. No human has those sorts of moves. Thanks to Davone for answering my question and Stephen for passing it along. And thanks to Nate for answering everyone else's questions. And finally, thanks again to Stephen Tsai for doing this again for the crazy UH fans!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **