UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Guards

Stephen Tsai writes about the injuries to starting guards Hercules Satele and John Estes.
The Warriors' pet running play is "Tampa Right," in which Hercules Satele pulls to the right as lead blocker for running back Nate Ilaoa.

Estes said he suffered his knee injury when he was clipped by a Nevada defensive lineman.

"I was blocking my guy, and some guy tackled me from the back and was holding my leg," Estes said. "The first time, I thought somebody got thrown into me, or he missed the ball-carrier or something. It was a cheap shot."

If Hercules Satele and Estes are both unavailable, then Samson Satele, Kaonohi and Sauafea would all start.
At least we're fairly deep at O-line, but let's hope the injuries to Hercules and John aren't serious so they can play against Fresno.

Speaking of Fresno, Ferd Lewis writes about the travails of Pat Hill.
"Nobody in this building is throwing in the towel," Fresno State head football coach Pat Hill staunchly maintained time and again yesterday.

In the midst of the deepest struggle of his 10-year tenure at Fresno State, a 1-4 start and 1-8 overall slide that he said, "burns my stomach and keeps me up at night," Hill remains, well, Bulldog defiant.
Despite their current losing ways, the Bulldogs will not be pushovers, especially in their stadium. Let's hope the Warriors can go up there and score early and often, and pull out a victory. GO WARRIORS!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **