UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Good Articles

Here's a really good article by Stephen Tsai about Colt Brennan still trying to master the run and shoot.
"Sometimes I'll get flustered when I don't see an opening, and I'll run," Brennan added. "(June) says, 'If you'll stay with it, you can still hit it.' It's a matter of working with him, and getting on the same thinking level."

After reviewing videotapes of the Fresno State game, Brennan realized, "I was close to having the best game of my career. If I eliminated four or five plays — if I run for the first down instead of throwing it (on third-and-1) on the first drive, if I throw it away instead of throwing an interception — I walk away with one of the best games of my career.

"It's those little things. It's fine-tuning the little things. When you play Fresno State, it's the little things that matter, little things that stop you from beating a Top 25 team."
Also, backup QB Tyler Graunke was supposed to play a few downs on Saturday, but didn't, which June regrets.
"I have to do that because he's one play away from being the guy and he ain't ready to play either. I've got to get him ready," Jones said. "And it might have helped us. That moment might have settled (Brennan) down, let Colt watch it from the sideline a little bit. But I don't have any disbelief that Colt Brennan is going to be a great quarterback."

Graunke said he might request a position change for next season.

"I have thought about that a lot. I haven't made any decision on that. I feel like I could play receiver or defensive back," said Graunke, who is listed at 5-foot-11 and 175 pounds. "But I came here to play quarterback, and I'll do what the coaches think is best for the team. I'm hoping for anything as long as I can get on the field. If they let me do special teams next year .... see where it takes me."
I hope Graunke doesn't end up changing positions because I think he could be a great QB as well. But we do have Young Cody Rolovich waiting in the wings, so who knows.

And rounding out the good articles for today, here's a column by Kalani Simpson that talks about a coach's frustration. It's a tough job when the fans think they could've called a better game.

Of course, to get more info and analysis, visit the sportshawaii.com football forum. Sure, there's some fans who think they could've done better than June Jones, but there's some great insight as well. Be there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **