UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Tuesday, August 23, 2011

WitP: Hunter, Green, Bess, Bradley

Nate Davis of USA Today profiles New York Jets offensive tackle Wayne Hunter.
Bill Callahan has spent most of his 32-year coaching career developing offensive linemen.

He believes he might currently be tutoring his best, even if it's a name most NFL fans may not be familiar with: New York Jets right tackle Wayne Hunter.
"He is, by far, the best athlete I've ever coached on the line. He can do it all — his power, his leverage, his ability to run, his ability to move — I mean, you name it, he excels at it," says Callahan, who enters his 13th season on an NFL sideline since 1995. "There are no flaws athletically."
Alex Green might be returning kicks in the Packers' season opener.
Green Bay Packers rookie Randall Cobb listed his prognosis as "day to day," but when asked whether it was a given he would be ready for the regular-season opener, he couldn't answer yes.
If Cobb can't play in the season opener, Green would be the leading candidate to return kicks and Chastin West - if he makes the team - or Jordy Nelson would be options.
MiamiDolphins.com has a video interview with Davone Bess, and a feature on Ikaika Alama-Francis.

And from last week, BaltimoreSportsReport.com had a Q&A with Ravens receiver Rodney Bradley.
What’s it like to be on the same playing field with future hall of famers?
It’s very nice, to say the least. I was joking with my cousin because I am a big fan of the game. and he was telling me “you can’t be a fan going in”. I am like “whatever, I’m still fan of these people.” It’s kind of surreal to be on the same team with the likes of Ray Lewis, Ed Reed- he was one of the guys I used to watch the highlights before games to get me ready. To be on the same team with these guys is unbelievable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **