UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Thursday, November 25, 2010

WitP: Pisa, McBriar, Bess, Ikaika, Ingram

Pisa Tinoisamoa practiced today and is expected to play vs the Eagles on Sunday after missing last week's game with a sore knee.

Brad Biggs of The Chicago Tribune profiles Tinoisamoa.
One veteran scout said Tinoisamoa was playing as well as Brian Urlacher and Lance Briggs. He's sixth on the team in tackles despite missing one game and playing in only about 60 percent of the snaps as he's the player who comes out for nickel cornerback D.J. Moore.
Does he feel like he's playing at the level he enjoyed when he was regularly leading the Rams in tackles?

"Whenever I am healthy I feel like I can contribute, I can be effective, I can be productive," he said. "If you look at it that way, yeah, it's very, very similar. But I still come off the field. That's the difference, I guess."
Calvin Watkins of ESPN.com has a few quotes from Mat McBriar, who is having a strong season.
McBriar said he's putting better now than he was during that Pro Bowl season. Part of it was he was kicking for distance and now he's kicking directionally.

"I feel like I'm a better punter since then," McBriar said. "I'd like to think that I've improved every year that I've been playing. I say directionally we're definitely better off than I was when I stayed away from the sidelines it was more distance than direction."
The Finsiders has audio interviews with Davone Bess, who has a game in his hometown of Oakland this Sunday, as well as Ikaika Alama-Francis.

Miami coach Tony Sparano compares Bess to former Oakland receiver Tim Brown.
“One of the things with (Brown) is he was so quarterback friendly. The guy was a very, very smart player and always in the quarterback’s face as far as visibility out there in routes, uncovering, doing some of the things that I always talk to my guys about, moving without the ball. Kind of like basketball,’’ Miami coach Tony Sparano said. “With Davone, he’s kind of done that at a young stage. He really does a god job of working with the quarterback, quarterback friendly is what we call it.’’
And some bad news for Jake Ingram, who was cut by the Saints after only one game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **