UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Friday, September 03, 2010

Warriors in the Pros: Last Preseason Games, Satele Cut

Some stats from yesterday's NFL preseason games, along with some news:

Brashton Satele had one tackle against the Eagles, but was unfortunately cut by the Jets today.
LB Brashton Satele was waived. He impressed the Jets as a tryout player at rookie mini-camp, but battled an ankle injury for most of training camp.
David Veikune had five tackles against the Bears. He talked to Steve Doerschuk of the Canton Repository about life on the bubble.
A second-round pick who struggled as a rookie, Veikune said cut day is a powerful motivator.

“If you’re not a starter,” he said, “you better think that way.”

Veikune made it into only 10 games last year, almost exclusively on special teams. He played the entire game against Chicago.

“I haven’t had that much time since the Chicago preseason game last year,” he said. “I felt way more comfortable.

“I mean, I played as best I could last year, but I was really stressing out. It was a new defense.

“I felt way more fluid this time. They told me, ‘You’re gonna play mike, you’re gonna play will, you’re gonna play buck,’ and I felt like, any position they throw at me, I can play.

“It was good to get in a little groove.”
Davone Bess caught 5 passes for 42 yards, Ikaika Alama-Francis had 2 tackles, and Mat McBriar punted five times for a 43 yard average as the Cowboys beat the Dolphins 27-25. Ikaika started the game.

And from today's BC Lions vs Montreal Alouettes game, Solomon Elimimian had six tackles while Adam Leonard had two.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **