UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Tuesday, August 17, 2010

WitP: Hisatake, Chad Owens, Pisa, LaBoy

Panthers.com profiles Ray Hisatake.
"Every little thing the vets or Coach Mags (offensive line coach Dave Magazu) say, I write down in my notebook. I look it over before practice every day," Hisatake said. "I'm out there 20 minutes early and I stay 20 minutes after practice to work on the stuff that I need to work on.

"Then every day after practice, I'm in the O-line room watching film with Mackenzy (Bernadeau)."

Hisatake understands that he's still a long shot to make the 53-man roster, but since he put down the shot put and started learning how to throw around opposing linemen, that's the way his football future has been.
Chad Owens deflects the glory of winning CFL Player of the Week honors.
“If the line didn’t block for (Lemon) or the receivers weren’t blocking for me downfield I wouldn’t have had that run that I had,” said Owens, who was the league’s top special teams player in Week 2. “It’s a collective award. It just so happened I was the dude out there who had the stats but everyone had their part in it.”
Pisa Tinoisamoa talks about playing in a game for the first time since a season-ending knee injury last year.
"First time back it was good to just get out there and get physical," Tinoisamoa said. "I felt like for not playing in a whole year, I thought my tackling was good. Usually your feet are kind of shaky, but I was able to get some tackles and didn't miss very many."
And Travis LaBoy was back to practice for the first time since a concussion sidelined him on August 5th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **