UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Darryl McBride to join Warriors

Stephen Tsai writes that safety Darryl McBride will become a Warrior.
McBride is 6-foot-3 and 200 pounds. He said he was timed at 4.45 seconds in the 40-yard dash. He drew interest -- but not scholarship offers -- from UCLA and Tennessee last fall. Both had hoped he would have been able to transfer in January.

McBride said he kept in contact with UH associate head coach Rich Miano. Because the Warriors used up their allotment of scholarships for 2010, McBride was told he could join as a preferred walk-on.

"If I want a scholarship (in 2011), they told me I would have to work for it," McBride said. "I'm all for it. I don't mind. When I first got to (Mendocino), they told me I had to earn a starting job. I worked hard for it. It's the same with this. I know it's better for me to work hard for something than to be given something. I'm going to work hard."

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **