UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Sunday, December 06, 2009

UH vs Wisconsin Wrap-Ups

Warriors bowled over by Badgers, by Jason Kaneshiro
"Just being in the locker room it was a lot of emotion," said center John Estes, who started all 54 games in his career, "because for the seniors we're not going to be in that setting ever again, which is sad. I'm going to miss the boys, everything, Aloha Stadium."
"It's sad, the dream ends here," linebacker Blaze Soares said after posting a game-high 11 tackles. "I got very emotional (in the locker room) and I never do. Being a Warrior comes to an end here and it hit me."
"We just never got anything going, we never got in a rhythm and I probably had the worst night of the season," said Moniz, who completed 15 of 34 passes. "Letting down all these seniors, how hard they worked, wasn't able to get them that bowl game, I just feel bad about it.

"It was one of those nights and it's too bad it had to be this night."
UH senior night a sour affair, by Paul Honda
"(The other seniors and teammates) are always family. That's my family now," said Wright-Jackson, who rushed five times for 42 yards. "I'm always going to keep in touch with them. We just got so close through this process, from sophomore year, when I got here. It's unbelievable, they took me in. They're always going to be my brothers, I'm never going to forget them."
"It was great, despite it didn't turn out exactly how we wanted it to," Funaki said as he exchanged hugs with well-wishers. "Blaze, John (Estes), a lot of the senior leaders, they were trying to keep us up in the half, trying to get us motivated (when we trailed 27-3). Try to finish strong. Sometimes it goes in your favor, sometimes not. It's all a part of the journey, I guess."
Warriors' run for Christmas Eve Hawaii Bowl falls short, by Stephen Tsai

Clay punishes UH, by Paul Honda

Clay shows Hawaii brings out best of Wisconsin RBs, by Stacy Kaneshiro

Hawaii 5-1: Badgers throttle Warriors, by Jim Polzin of Madison.com

Badgers blitz Hawaii in regular-season finale, 51-10, from UWBadgers.com

Badgers win in rout, eye Outback Bowl berth, by Jeff Potrykus of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

Badger report and Report card, by Potrykus

Short snaps, from the Star-Bulletin
The Warriors' offensive struggles meant freshman punter Alex Dunnachie had a busy night.

Despite beginning the night with a 20-yarder, Dunnachie averaged 49.2 yards on his season-high six kicks. Included in those was a 66-yard boot, his longest of the season.
Wisconsin gives Hawaii 1 more embarrassing loss, by Dave Reardon

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **