UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Shane Austin, Salas, Moniz, Bess

Shane Austin was today's guest on The Warrior Beat Show.

Jason Kaneshiro writes about Greg Salas and Bryant Moniz sitting out practice for the early part of the week in the hopes of being ready for SJSU on Saturday.

Stephen Tsai talks to Davone Bess about Greg Salas breaking his school record of 15 receptions in a game.
"Why would you let Greg Salas break my record?" Bess said, laughing.

Despite playing on a sprained right ankle, Salas caught a school-record 16 passes in the Warriors' 24-6 victory over New Mexico State, surpassing Bess' 15 receptions in a 2007 game against Boise State. After that season, his junior year, Bess applied for entry into the National Football League.

"I'm happy for Greg," Bess said, "but I'm thinking about coming back to get my record back. I think I have another year (of eligibility). Maybe not. I do have an agent now."
Tsai also writes about Coach Mack closing practices this week and next, and has injury updates on the Bryants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **