UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Fall Camp: Day 11 Wrap-Ups

Jason Kaneshiro talks to Brashton Satele about having to sit out this season due to his shoulder injury.
Brashton Satele won't be on the field this fall. But the Hawaii linebacker doesn't consider his season to be completely over.

"I have to be here for my team," Satele said after the Warriors' practice yesterday. "Even if it's just as a vocal leader, I'm going to be here for them no matter what."
"It hasn't really bothered me because I have no regrets over what happened," he said, "because I put in hard work and I busted my butt every single day this summer. It's frustrating, but I don't have any regrets. Nothing's really bothering me right now. I'm fine with it.

"I'm just excited to watch these guys play, because I know we're going to be a good team so I'm just excited for the season."
Kaneshiro also writes about the Pigskin Pigout to be held tomorrow night at Murphy's Bar and Grill and the 11-on-11 scrimmage set for Friday.

Stephen Tsai talks to Brashton and has some good news regarding Corey Nielsen.
Freshman quarterback Corey Nielsen yesterday received medical clearance to resume practicing.

Nielsen had been held out after suffering from shortness of breath during a practice last week. He was initially diagnosed with an irregular heartbeat .

But an echocardiogram and treadmill test did not show any problems.
Tsai also has some injury news about Kawika Ornellas, Kenny Estes, Paipai Falemalu and Inoke Funaki.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **