UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Thursday, November 08, 2007

LWJ, Special Teams, DaBess

Dave Reardon writes that Leon Wright-Jackson is ready to go.
"I think the coaches are taking their time with me, making sure I get my stuff down. I'm not in a rush to get on the field," said Wright-Jackson, who was a high school Parade All-American.

"They're not going to put me out there if I don't know what I'm doing. I've just been patient. ... I might be getting the ball more and getting more playing time. It's a good chance for me to step up and show Coach I do know what I'm doing."
Stephen Tsai writes about the Warriors' focus on special teams, and discusses the running backs besides LWJ and David Farmer who may see playing time.
Head coach June Jones said Daniel Libre will be part of the rotation against Fresno State. But Laumoli, who is 5 feet 10 and 287 pounds, also has practiced with the first team.

Laumoli would provide depth as a back-field blocker. The Bulldogs have an aggressive pass rush.

"The coaches are giving me a chance to showcase," Laumoli said. "I can't ask for more than that."
And Dave Reardon talks to Davone Bess about his history with Fresno, and writes about CJ Allen-Jones and Spencer Smith getting more practice time due to injuries to starters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **