UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Second Chances

Here's an AP article about the second chances June Jones has given to many of his players.
As payback to Jones and the school, Brennan withdrew from the 2007 NFL draft to return for his senior season. At his announcement, a tearful Brennan said: "I like the person I'm becoming in Hawaii. I want to give back to a school that gave back to me."

"I didn't come back for me," Brennan said in an interview. "If it was about me, I would've left. I came back to give Hawaii a great year and do something special."

Bess also came to Hawaii after being locked, as did St. Louis Rams linebacker Pisa Tinoisamoa, who was one of Jones' first recruits.

Tinoisamoa, who spent four months in prison his senior year of high school in southern California, has said playing for Hawaii was the best decision in his life and kept him away from trouble.

"They made mistakes," Jones said. "If they repeated those mistakes, they wouldn't be here. But I knew they were good kids and they've all been good citizens, so I'm proud of them."
Speaking of second chances, if you registered yesterday to vote for Colt for the Davey O'Brien award, today is your "second chance" to vote for him, because you can vote every 24 hours. If you haven't registered yet, below is the link. That Mountain West guy is ahead of Colt again, so you know what to do!

O'Brien Award - Register and vote for our quarterback for The O'Brien National Quarterback Award

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **