UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Monday, August 27, 2007

Ilaoa, Estes, Herc, Gibson, Etc

Nate Ilaoa had 5 rushes for 18 yards and caught two passes for 17 yards in yesterday's preseason game against the Steelers.

======

Dennis McKnight has praise for offensive linemen John Estes and Hercules Satele.
"In my opinion, right now, John Estes is the best offensive lineman in the country, bar none," McKnight said. "... even with one arm."
During blocking drills, when McKnight is working with the tackles, Satele will tutor the guards and centers.

"Herc knows what we have to do as a group to get better," Mc-Knight said. "I trust Herc with my life. To have him take the centers and guards to work on something, that doesn't worry me at all."
======

Dave Reardon profiles true freshman safety Le'Marcus Gibson, who may or may not redshirt this year. The way he first got in touch with UH is pretty cool.
How does a kid from Starkville, Miss., end up in Hawaii?

Via the video game NCAA '07, of course.

Le'Marcus Gibson was playing it last year when he noticed one of the UH starting safeties was a senior.

"I sent them a highlight tape, almost as a joke. I never thought I'd hear from them," Gibson said. "Then I got a call."
Haha, that's great. Glad he's a Warrior.

And finally, Dave previews New Mexico State, who should be surprising a lot of people this year.

4 Comments:

  • At Monday, August 27, 2007 at 7:37:00 AM HST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tombo,
    I read your bio on the other blog. Real cool. I didn't know that you are in SoCal! So am I. I live in Glendale and work in LA. How about you?

    Niall

     
  • At Monday, August 27, 2007 at 8:39:00 AM HST, Blogger Tombo Ahi said…

    hey niall! long time no see. yeah, i work and live in the torrance area these days, always wishing i was back in pearl city. nah, but cannot drive to vegas from pearl city, so it's a trade off, haha. glad you're around, and can you believe the season starts in a few days? WOOHOOO!

     
  • At Monday, August 27, 2007 at 10:13:00 AM HST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tombo,
    I took a leave to recover from my mental frustration w/ HF's schedule screwups. I was furious w/ him. But I have been reading your site religiously. Thanks for all the awesome work. And yes, this season will likely be better than last. Hard to believe the level of the program has risen so dramatically in such a short time.

    My family is from Moanalua and my brother also lives in Torrance just off of Artisia. He is also going to be watching the Warriors jamm this year.

    Let's hope that our boys stay healthy for the first 8 weeks so they can pound the second half of the schedule!

    Niall

     
  • At Monday, August 27, 2007 at 10:55:00 AM HST, Blogger Tombo Ahi said…

    re: leave to recover -- completely understandable. and he's probably going to miss the end-of-month deadline for the 2008 schedule. don't know why he keeps setting random deadlines he can't keep. sorry, don't want to rile you up again. thanks for continuing to read the blog. yeah, staying healthy is definitely key, even if the team seems deeper than ever.

    GO WARRIORS!!!!

     

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **