UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Wednesday, August 29, 2007

From the Blogs

Dave Reardon has a cover shot of the Star-Bulletin's UH football preview which will be published tomorrow. There goes another 4 hours of my life. And I mean that in a good way.

Dave also had a liveblog going this morning. An excerpt:
7:00 a.m.: There is a large group of tough-looking kids from Japan, about a hundred of them, filing in and watching from the hill. We are told they are the team from Kwansei High School that beat King Kekaulike 46-20 last weekend. They return to Japan tonight.

7:32 a.m: Dennis McKnight tells Yoda (Aaron Bain) to stand next to Chewbacca (Brysen Ginlack). Players immediately start to make that “HHHWWAAAAANNNGGHH” Chewy noise.
======

Colt Brennan, Michael Lafaele and Hercules Satele were named team captains today. Stephen Tsai got some reaction from Colt.
"It's a tremendous honor, especially because your teammates selected you," Brennan said. "I love my teammates. I think I'm going to do a great job for them this year. They know I came back to play for them, and to give them a great year. No matter how I'm going to do it, I'm going to give them a great year."
Also from that blog entry, news of Jameel Dowling, a transfer from Oregon.
Dowling, who is 6 feet 3 and 202 pounds, is enrolled at UH. He will redshirt this year and have a season of NCAA eligibility remaining.
Dowling, who can play corner or safety, played in 11 games for the Ducks last season.
He is recovering from an ankle injury. Pressed to play this season, he decided instead to seek a release from his Oregon football scholarship to allow him to redshirt.
Welcome to Jameel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **