UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Friday, June 22, 2007

CFL Update

Some quick updates:

Chad Mock has been signed to the BC Lions practice squad.

UPDATE 6/23/07: Stephen Tsai talks to Chad about it.
While waiting for a promotion to the active roster, Mock said, "I'm taking it as my redshirt year. It's a good learning experience."
It wasn't easy to earn a spot, even on the practice squad. The CFL limits the number of Americans on each team.
"There were other American receivers," Mock said. "There were only a few spots open. I'm glad I got one. It's very big for me. You've got to start somewhere. I'm starting from the bottom. I have to work my way up. I've done it before. I can do it again. Eventually I'll get there. It's a long season. Anything can happen.
And Timmy Chang got some playing time late in the 4th quarter of the final Hamilton Tiger-Cats preseason game. Looks like Chang will start the season as a top backup, which is great news. I think by the middle of the season, he'll be getting a lot of playing time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **