UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Friday, January 26, 2007

Erik Ainge Gives Props to Colt

One of Colt's '07 Heisman rivals implies he's not jealous of Colt, but I think he is!
Ainge actually had the chance to play for Hawaii but declined.

``Coach Jones knows my family pretty well and he recruited me hard to go there,’’ Ainge said. ``Obviously, throwing 50 times a game would be awesome, but I don’t think you can throw it 50 times a game in the SEC.’’
I think Colt only threw 50 times in a game once this past season. His average was 39.9 attempts per game. But anyway...
Still, Ainge couldn’t help but notice Brennan passing for an NCAA-record 58 touchdowns to go with over 5,900 total yards – an average of 425 per game. Ainge averaged 249 passing yards per game and fired 19 touchdown passes.

``I did that kind of stuff in high school,’’ Ainge said of the Hawaii offense.

``What Colt did was unbelievable -- 559 yards and five touchdowns in one (bowl) game. Five (touchdowns) in the second half. That’s amazing.’’

Did Ainge watch with envy?

``Stats are fun and all that, but getting to play in the Outback Bowl and getting a chance to play on national TV every single week and playing against the players we play against in SEC – I’m not saying anything about Hawaii or who they play against,’’ Ainge said. ``Don’t take that the wrong way.
No no no, please don't take it the wrong way. He does have a point about the national TV and the SEC and all that, but I still think he's jealous. 19 touchdown passes? What is that?

I'm just kidding Erik. Hope he does well this coming year, but I have a feeling a lot of Hawaii's games will be on national TV this year, and Erik will be watching them, trying not to drool. :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **