UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Glanville Fills In

Today's Warrior Beat Dennis McKnight chat suddenly turned into a Jerry Glanville chat because McKnight is mad at Stephen Tsai about something. About what, I don't know. I do know I wouldn't want McKnight mad at me! In any case, it was really cool of coach Glanville to fill in at the last minute. You should definitely read the whole thread, but as always, I am selfishly excerpting my question and the answer to it:
Comment from: Tombo [Visitor]
hi coach glanville,

how valuable is it having solomon elimimian (41) on the field as a "player/coach"? do you think it helped him later on the field to be up in the coaches box when he was injured?
Comment from: jerryglanville [Member]
Tombo:
I think we would have had an entirely different game against Boise State if he played. He would have helped us more than anyone realized. He would have received and "F" in the box. Tyson Kafentzis did a better job in the coaches box. I was disappointed in 41 in the box, because they call out substitutions based on the color: red, blue, white, green, and I think we were in the fourth quarter when 41 finally said "White." It took him three quarters to say a color.
Last year, I can remember 41 as a freshman had some difficulty in the Wisconsin game, but other than that he's way past his years in getting us in the right spot.
We were playing San Jose State last year, and we were at the night before the game's dinner, and they took a cake over to 41, and I foolishly asked him how old he was. He was turning 18. I realized when I first started in pro football, every player was at least 10 years older than me as a coach. And then I realized I was at least 10 years older than him.
Clever as ever. You forget how young some of the players are. Just gotta say thanks again to Stephen and his crew for putting it together for the fans, and thanks to Jerry Glanville for filling in and answering questions. Maybe Dennis McKnight will be by later after all is forgiven.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **