UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Thursday, August 24, 2006

Jason Ferguson

Keane Santos of Ka Leo O Hawaii has a good article on Jason Ferguson as he recovers from his torn ACL.
“Pretty much where I stand right now, I’m not fully recovered, but since it is my second one, I know exactly where I’m at as far as recovery,” Ferguson said. “I’m just taking my time right now. Man, I’ve been working though, it’s been 11 months since I hurt it, but I’m still trying to stay positive and do my rehab.”

When asked how he was doing, Ferguson replied, “I’d say around 80 or 85 percent back to where I need to be. It’s not my speed, because I have my quickness back. It’s that cut going up to full speed and stopping on the dime; it’s a little iffy right now. I got to take my time, make sure I do this right because if I hurt it again it’s going to set me far back.” He added, “I’m a sophomore status this season, so I still got three seasons left.”
Good luck to Jason. What a fighter.

======

I hope the UH defensive coaches are putting in a lot of preparation to cover the Bama tight ends.
In addition to having four wide receivers 6-foot-2 or taller, the Crimson Tide’s top three tight ends look like they could be a pretty good frontcourt in basketball.

“It sounds like a pretty good idea," sophomore Charles Hoke said after Wednesday’s practice. “I wouldn’t be opposed to it."

Hoke tops the group at 6-7, followed by sophomore Nick Walker (6-5) and sophomore Travis McCall (6-2) -- and that doesn’t include 6-2 true freshman Preston Dial.

“Throw it up and make them go get it over a linebacker," sophomore quarterback John Parker Wilson said. “It’s really unfair."
Man, they got some tall ones. Maybe UH should consider dropping Ikaika Alama-Francis or Dane Uperesa back into coverage! Nah, we'll be alright. Let's hope Leonard Peters will be healthy for the game.

======

After reading this article, it seems like Timmy Chang might have his chances of making the team complicated by the fact that Koy Detmer is a good holder. And if Koy's the holder, Jeff Garcia might be the third string QB. Here's what Garcia says:
"That's a situation that's going to be left up to the coaching staff. Obviously, our kicking game is important. If David is more comfortable with Koy, because I know that he's worked with him a number of years, and that is an important element to this game and what we have to do from a kicking standpoint, then that's going to be a decision the coaches have to make."

Special teams coordinator John Harbaugh said yesterday that the holding competition "is going to come down to other factors," meaning Detmer's viability as the No. 2 QB.
Gotta read it to get the full gist of it. Let's just hope Timmy changes or makes up some minds this Friday on ESPN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **