UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Thursday, August 31, 2006

Bama's Defense

The Montgomery Advertiser has an article about Alabama's defense and how they're preparing to face the Hawaii offense.
While the focus will be on the secondary, they'll need plenty of help from the Tide's defensive front.

"Their quarterback finds a lot of time to throw the ball," Robinson observed. "I know there were a couple of occasions we were watching tape when we counted 'one Mississippi , two Mississippi ,' me and Simeon Castille. We were getting up to '12 Mississippi,' that's how long he scrambled before completing a pass.

"I don't know too many people that can cover a guy for 12 Mississippis . I couldn't even do that playing in my backyard against my brothers and sisters. Hopefully, our D-line will do a good job and I won't have to stand out there that long."

Defensive end Wallace Gilberry said the Crimson Tide has a simple strategy to conquer Brennan.

"We just have to hit him hard," Gilberry said. "Hit him hard and hit him hard and eventually those licks will catch up with him."
Wallace doesn't sound very nice! Oh well, I think our O-line will be awesome as ever, and Brennan will get rid of the ball quicker than last year, plus we'll probably run more, so he should be fine... unless they try to get in some late hits, which certainly wouldn't be very nice at all. Not that I'm accusing them of that. Bama is a classy team with classy coaches. They're not Michigan State or anything. That's right, I said it. Hawaii vs MSU 2007 baby! Uno mas! But I get ahead of myself. It's all about Bama this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **