UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Monday, October 17, 2005

Looking Forward to SJSU

Colt Brennan has a theory about why he did so good on Saturday:
"I think it's because I didn't have eggs and bacon," said Brennan, a third-year sophomore who threw for 515 yards and seven touchdowns in Saturday's 49-28 rout of New Mexico State. "It's my tradition that started when I was a kid. Before one of my first Pop Warner games, my dad made me eggs and bacon, and then we went to the game and we got absolutely murdered. The next year, the same thing happened. My dad made me eggs and bacon, then we got murdered again. That's when I made the promise I'll never eat eggs and bacon before a game."

But in the frenetic pace of this season, Brennan forgot about the pledge. At the team breakfast at the Ilikai Hotel Saturday morning, "I realized I ate eggs and bacon before every game this season," Brennan said. "That's because that's what they serve us for breakfast. I decided to go back to my tradition, and look what happened. It's one of those quirky little things that keeps your confidence going."
And now we know what he was throwing up at those games too!

The article also says that Vantz Singletary is okay. He was suffering from anxiety on Saturday.

And I can't wait for the San Jose State game. I think Hawaii's gonna dominate SJSU during their HOMECOMING GAME. What an insult! UH is getting ready.
Although the win left the Warriors with renewed optimism, they're looking to put it behind them -- just as they did with the previous week's loss -- and turn their focus ahead to this week's matchup.

"We got a big win, but we're going to have to forget about it," Brennan said. "Coach said right now we've got to be thinking about San Jose State on the road."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

** Back to the Main Page **